Here are some must-see places:
- Historic District: Take a stroll through the charming streets of the Historic District, known for its well-preserved architecture, colorful houses, and cobblestone streets.
- The Charleston City Market: Browse through the Charleston City Market, a historic market where you can find local crafts, artwork, and delicious food.
Local’s Tip: Try Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit for a sweet or savory treat!
- Joe Riley Waterfront Park: Relax at Joe Riley Waterfront Park, a scenic park with fountains, walking paths, Battery Bench swings, and stunning views of the Cooper River.
Local’s Tip: Grab a pic with Charleston’s iconic Pineapple Fountain.
- Rainbow Row: Walk along Rainbow Row, a series of colorful historic houses on East Bay Street. It’s a great spot for photos and a glimpse into Charleston’s past.
- The Battery: Visit the Battery, a waterfront promenade lined with beautiful antebellum mansions and picturesque views of Charleston Harbor.
Local’s tip: The park at the Battery is called White Points Garden (for GPS directions)
- Fort Sumter National Monument: Take a boat tour to Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired. Learn about the history and significance of this historic site.
Local’s tip: Take the last tour of the day to be a part of the US Flag folding ceremony.
Remember to check the opening hours and availability of attractions before your visit. Enjoy your time in Charleston!
Need help planning your Charleston adventure? I am a Certified Charleston Specialist and would love to assist you!